Q4 2012 Hightlights
- 80% of mobile consumers are influenced by the availability of in-store Wi-Fi.
- The top 4 activities shoppers use their mobile devices for while in a store are focused on enhancing their shopping experience.
- Women are using mobile in stores more than men to find the best deal.
- Free Wi-Fi continues to grow and dominate the US market, attracting more smartphone and tablet owners to connect.
- 72.2% of tablet owners plan to buy another one.
JiWire’s Mobile Audience Insights Report is based on data compiled from three sources: a survey of more than 1,400 randomly selected customers across JiWire’s network of 315,000 public Wi-Fi locations, as well as the billions of advertising impressions from our combined Wi-Fi and mobile advertising platform. The Q4 2012 report is based on data collected from Nov ‘12 through Dec ‘12. Quarterly public Wi-Fi location rankings and business model distributions are based on the final day of the quarter.